The New York Daily News relaunched their real estate website this week, powered throughout by Onboard Informatics content. This site is an end-to-end implementation of our services that work in concert to help NYDN bring their city and its dwellings to life. We figured we'd give you a little behind-the-scenes tour on how these pieces fit together and what it means for our client. Building a site that will build a following
NYDN approached Onboard Informatics in the hopes of creating a new and unique website to highlight the Best Places to Live in the metropolitan New York City area. In the process of creating a destination real estate website, NYDN needed to employ techniques to drive search engine rankings, enable highly targeted on-site search, and deliver compelling navigation capabilities.
One of the most crucial pieces of the development of this project was the delivery of rich content to create a user experience enabling consumers to immerse themselves deep in communities and neighborhoods of the city without going further than their browser. The result is Best Places to Live in NY, an intersection of hyperlocal editorial content, accurate neighborhood data and property listings for buyers. Here are some of the key pieces of the site:
One of the reasons our clients come to us is for a complete solution that is non-disruptive with parts that are capable of creating a synchronized user experience. So how exactly are these parts intertwined?
- The Best Places Lifestyle Profiler is NYDN's implementation of Lifestyle Search Engine
- Results of neighborhood recommendations feed to neighborhood profiles that are based on real boundaries that truly reflect the vibe and culture of the city's hundreds of neighborhoods
- Neighborhood profiles are supported with Community and School data (also part of the "Explore NYC Neighborhoods" section)
- Best Places guides are interspersed throughout, including custom top neighborhood lists for niche lifestyles based on our Best Places methodology
- Listings Search Engine drives property search with advanced search criteria (filter by distance to parks/transportation/schools, find a house with pets allowed or a roof garden, etc.)
We invite you to check out the site, find your ideal hood, drool over some ridiculous real estate, and see the city come to life in the process.